About Me

My photo
22, Yorkshire girl through and through. Living and loving in Edinburgh. Glamorous indie rock and roll

Tuesday 24 May 2011

I always have, and think I always will, have an absolute hatred and loathing for dating sites.
I just do not get them, I don't get why its so hard to meet someone the 'old fashioned way' yknow, in real life.
 

Did your grandparents love stories really go something like 'and then a machine told us we were compatible and we lived happily ever after' no! No they don't. 
Now I'm not scorning people who meet on the internet at all, cause sometimes thats just how it works, one of my friends met his wife online and if it wasn't for this they wouldn't have a beautiful boy right now, I have issues with people who purposefully go online to find that 'soulmate'. There's that old saying that if you stop looking for love, it will come to you and I truly believe that. Go out on a night out or to a park and you can see the people that are there solely to meet somebody and that is off putting as sin. They might aswell be wearing a sandwich board and screaming LOVE ME from the top of their lungs. Really all dating sites are, is desperation meeting desperation. People who are settling because they are so tired of living and just want to call it quits.

The fact that about 60% of these dating site users are aged from as young as 18(???) to 24 makes it all the more sad. People in the prime of their social and travelling life.



Oy vey. For now I'll just go back in my bunker with my vinyl's until its safe to come out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment